Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesdays with Dorie: Chocolate Truffle Tartlets

One word:  decadent

That's how I would describe these rich, chocolatey desserts!   The recipe made six 4 1/2 inch tartlets, and 1/3 of one satisfied my typically-large sweet tooth.  Wow, so rich.






This is my second recipe with the Tuesdays With Dorie group, and again, I've had a blast!   Today's hosts are Steph of A Whisk and a Spoon, Spike of Spike Bakes, Jaime of Good Eats and Sweet Treats, and Jessica of cookbookhabit.   Please visit one of their blogs for the recipe and some fantastic photographs of their baking adventures!

The recipe was easy to follow and it fairly warned the reader of what to expect with the crumbly chocolate dough.  I appreciated that when I found myself handling a pile of what seemed to be dry crumbs!  Sure enough, with patience and persistence, the dough came together beautifully, and was surprisingly easy to roll after some time in the fridge.

The filling is divine, with chunks of milk chocolate, white chocolate, and biscotti.  Again, so rich!

My kids think anything sprinkled with powdered sugar is extra fancy, so I dusted on a bit before serving.   Since we each only ate a portion of a tartlet, we're all looking forward to "seconds" tonight for dessert!





The recipe for Chocolate Truffle Tartlets, by contributing baker David Ogonowski, can also be found in Baking With Julia, by Dorie Greenspan, the cookbook the Tuesdays With Dorie group is baking through.  :)








8 comments: