Monday, March 19, 2012

Charlie and Walter Cookies

The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, is here in Pittsburgh today.  I was very much looking forward to going and meeting her.  However, her schedule changed and the new time and location of her Pittsburgh stop today do not jive with my busy family's schedule.  I'm quite bummed.  (Ask my hubby---he saw the tears in my eyes yesterday afternoon when I realized this!)   I baked and decorated these lemon sugar cookies for Ree, in the shape of her family's two basset hounds, Charlie and Walter!  I'm disappointed I can't share them with her!




If you don't know who I'm talking about, Ree Drummond is The Pioneer Woman--- a blogger/photography/rancher's wife/mother/homeschool mom who has captivated me.  I, along with thousand of others, enjoy reading about her life on the ranch in sprawling Oklahoma (not far from my in-law's home).  She is a gifted cook and photographer, and her second cookbook has just released (Food From My Frontier).  I have her first cookbook and autobiography, both autographed, and was looking forward to meeting her in person and having her sign her newest books for me.  She has also written an adorable children's book,  Charlie the Ranch Dog

Anyway, Ree, these cookies are for you!   Hope you don't mind if my kids, hubby, and I eat them on your behalf.   ;)   If you add a book stop in D.C., I'll do my best to get there!  Otherwise, perhaps I can convince my father-in-law to go to your book signing in Ponca City later this spring.   He's the one who had your first two books signed for me. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! They're yummy too. ;) Might as well eat them, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry, Dawn. Next time, tell everyone I said they can live without their activities for a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't so much the kids' activities---it was my committment to babysit two boys on Monday afternoons, and the arrival of the school bus right at 4:00! Previously the book signing was at 6:00, and we could have made that work. :)

      Delete