Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TWD -- Lemon Loaf Cake

Oh how I love lemony treats!  So light and refreshing and sweet and tart.  Perfect for spring.





This Lemon Loaf Cake is this week's Tuesday's With Dorie recipe.  Our hosts this week are Truc of Treats, and Michelle of The Beauty of Life.  Thank you, Michelle and Truc, for sharing your talents with us!   If you'd like to see the recipe, please visit their blogs!

The Lemon Loaf Cake was a cinch to put together.  No electric mixer required----just whisk ingredients by hand.  Awesome!

The texture of the cake is pound cake-like, and slices beautifully.  I sent the sliced loaf to work with my hubby today, but not before sharing a slice with my girls last night.  Delicious!  Perhaps a bit drier than I expected, but not horribly so.  I couldn't help thinking this would be even better with a lemon glaze, or served with lemon curd. 

Regardless, this cake would be perfect with brunch, or as a simple dessert. 

Enjoy!




12 comments:

  1. I love the top picture. =) I liked the cake both with and without glaze, but I have to admit, I generally think you can't ever have too much lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your loaf bake up so nice, beautiful pics! I served mine with some lemon curd and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lemon curd, and that would have been the perfect thing to make to go alongside! :)

      Delete
  3. The first picture with the fanned out cake slices has a really nice look to it! And yes, to both lemon glaze & lemon curd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your loaf turned out beautifully! I also think it'd be delicious with a glaze or curd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I had to up the lemon on mine because I really like a lemon punch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! I do plan to make this again because it was so easy, but I'll definitely up the lemon. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow. Yours looks delicous! That first photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete