Friday, January 11, 2013

Almond-Raspberry Coffee Cake

Shhhhh, don't tell my orthopedist.   I propped myself in the corner of my kitchen the other day and baked a coffee cake.    Don't worry.  I had help gathering the ingredients so I didn't have to hobble on crutches and carry ingredients from my pantry.  ;)







Betty Crocker Almond-Raspberry Coffee Cake
(Ultimate Cake Mix Cookbook)

1 package Betty Crocker SuperMoist white (vanilla) cake mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 eggs
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese , softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup raspberry preserves
1/4 cup sliced almonds

 Heat oven to 350°. Grease springform pan, 10 x 3 inches, with shortening lightly flour.
Mix cake mix, sour cream, almond extract and 1 egg in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly.  Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture.  Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan. (Lightly coat fingers with flour when pressing crumb mixture in pan to keep from sticking.) Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and remaining egg in small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Pour over baked crust. Drop teaspoonfuls of preserves evenly over cream cheese mixture do not swirl. Mix reserved crumb mixture and almonds sprinkle over preserves.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake remove side of pan. Serve slightly warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.




I love cake mix cookbooks!   With a few additional ingredients you can take a plain cake mix and make a scrumptious home baked cake or dessert.   Time-saving, money-saving, and downright delicious.

I look forward to much more baking, just as soon as I'm back on BOTH feet again.  Thanks for sticking with me!





4 comments:

  1. This looks luscious, Dawn! I didn’t realize you injured your leg. Hope you heal quickly, and get back on two feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I was bustling about and had a clumsy accident. It's been a humbling experience, having others take care of me during this recovery time! :)

      Delete
  2. This cake looks and sounds delicious! Hope your poor leg mends soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure am getting restless......!!

      Delete