Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mocha Chocolate Chips

I'm down to the wire with this Tuesdays With Dorie recipe!   Whew!!

I'm not a coffee drinker, nor have I ever liked mocha flavored treats or drinks.  Well, whaddya know, these are soooo good!   I couldn't resist tasted a smidgen of the dough.  Then I took a bite of my daughter's warm-from-the-oven cookie.    Wow.  Could I be a new fan of mocha??



Peggy of Galettista is today's TWD hostess.  You'll find the complete recipe as well as some beautiful pictures of her Mocha Chocolate Chips, so please pop over to her blog!!

You'll notice Peggy's cookies are chunkier than mine.  Those chunks are hidden gems of dried, chopped apricots.  I opted to omit these, but many TWD bakers have commented that they enjoy the chewy sweet contrast within the coffee-flavored cookie.   I have two kinds of chocolate chips within my treats----semisweet and bittersweet, both Ghirardeli.  The mocha flavor comes from a few tablespoons of instant coffee.  Yum!

I'll save a few of these for hubby, but the rest are being packaged up in cellophane bags with pretty ribbon.  Who are the lucky recipients?   Well, the judges at the Science Fair later this week at my children's school, that's who!   They deserve a treat.  They will be spending hours reading and studying almost 70 Science Fair projects by 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders.  Whew!

I was burning daylight with these, so I only have the single photograph.  Sorry about that!!   I think you all can imagine how scrumptious they look in person, anyway....!



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cookies!! I’m looking forward to trying them. I posted my croissants this week…catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out beautifully! Kristine Mika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cookies! I really loved this recipe and will definitely be making them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine came out FLAT. Yours look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cookies! What lucky judges to receive these tasty cookies. So very thoughtful of you. I am one who really enjoyed the addition of the apricots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blog. You are so talented and creative.

    These cookies were (already gone) absolutely delicious. I made 4 variations and woow! What a winner!
    Yours looks so yummy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete